My Challenges

I am currently working for better health, a better home, a better future, and a better me. I have set 6 goals to be accomplished in the next 6 months. And I have rewards



My challenges My rewards



To lose 39 pounds Red hair

Walk a half marathon A new outfit, tip to toe

An uncluttered home A Christmas party

Publish 3 of my
A new computer
mother's books

Start kickstarter A gazebo/hammock

Take a scriptural journey This is its own reward



I have posted about these goals - you can read the post dated Jul 18, 2013

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Success of the Day

Today the depression is not winning.  Evidence – I am here! J

It has been a long week.  And it’s only Thursday. 

Yesterday I attended a military funeral.  A friend’s husband.  It was a very simple and very moving ceremony.  I sorrow for my friend.  But I know she has a very supportive family. 
I intended to write all about the funeral, describe the ceremony and all particulars, but I can’t somehow.  I was able to describe it fully for my husband, and I can still see it in my mind, but it doesn’t seem appropriate to put out here.  Maybe at a different time and a different venue.  I will tell you that if you every drive a stick shift to a funeral, make sure you are not in the procession.  Doesn’t work.  Not very well anyway.  Or maybe it was just me.  I have also discovered that stick shift and Tacoma city driving are not a happy marriage.  Especially in the rain.  Too many hills with stop lights.  :P

I am using a new meal planning website.  It’s called Plan To Eat and it has the advantage that it helps me create meal plans.  So far I like it pretty well and can attribute to it the fact that after driving to Tacoma, spending all day in stressful situations, mostly driving in the rain and in heavy traffic, I was able to come home, realize I had not purchased the deli chicken I had intended to feed my husband for dinner that night, and then pick another menu for which I had planned and shopped, and fed my husband a decent meal.  15 minute stroganoff and broccoli gratin.  Not a bad choice.  It took more than fifteen minutes to make, at least partly because 15 minute stroganoff starts with cooked meat and I had a frozen chub to start with, but it was a good meal.  And it did not rely on frozen processed pre-prepared meals that are made with either too much salt or too much sugar or both.  That was a success. 


Maybe that’s why I slept well last night and feel much better about the world this morning.  The world is a much more positive place today.    

No comments:

Post a Comment