My Challenges

I am currently working for better health, a better home, a better future, and a better me. I have set 6 goals to be accomplished in the next 6 months. And I have rewards



My challenges My rewards



To lose 39 pounds Red hair

Walk a half marathon A new outfit, tip to toe

An uncluttered home A Christmas party

Publish 3 of my
A new computer
mother's books

Start kickstarter A gazebo/hammock

Take a scriptural journey This is its own reward



I have posted about these goals - you can read the post dated Jul 18, 2013

Thursday, January 23, 2014

One small success

Today I have a success worth mentioning.  I have been practicing a new diet and exercising more, and I have been losing weight.  I weigh in each morning using Wii Fit (I also weigh in on the more accurate bathroom scale, but Wii Fit is more fun).  As part of the weigh in procedure the screen displays your BMI on a visual scale.  I have been off the top of the scale since I began.  Yes, I confess, my BMI was over 36.  But today I weighed in and discovered – I’m not off the top of the scale any more!  There is a small line of color above the marker.  A very small line, true, but I am not off the top!  Woohoo!

I do not know if I should attribute this success to my new diet, to the fact that I am now drinking plenty of water (averaging about 80 ounces or more per day), to my increased exercise, or to the fact that I seldom eat anything in the evenings now.  It has been more difficult than I anticipated to create food I can eat when I get home. 


Whatever the reason – I am on the chart!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment