My Challenges

I am currently working for better health, a better home, a better future, and a better me. I have set 6 goals to be accomplished in the next 6 months. And I have rewards



My challenges My rewards



To lose 39 pounds Red hair

Walk a half marathon A new outfit, tip to toe

An uncluttered home A Christmas party

Publish 3 of my
A new computer
mother's books

Start kickstarter A gazebo/hammock

Take a scriptural journey This is its own reward



I have posted about these goals - you can read the post dated Jul 18, 2013

Friday, November 29, 2013

After Thanksgiving

I heard that the average American eats over 5,000 calories at Thanksgiving dinner.  That's a full two days worth of calories and then some.  One pounds equals 3,500 calories, so the average individual gains about a pound.

Am I too incredibly smug if I say I did not eat 5,000 calories?  Or gain a pound?  This morning, I wrote down everything I ate yesterday.  I ate 2,256 calories at dinner.  Still more than a single day's allowance, but it was almost all I ate all day, which makes up for it.  And I weighed in Thanksgiving morning, and I weighed in this morning.  I actually lost weight.  Mostly water weight, it's true.  But still . . . .

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment